The Hara point is located about 2 inches below your navel. The Hara is the center from where one enters life and that is the center from where one dies and goes out of life. Bringing your awareness to this place during a meditation results in improved digestion, relaxation of the mind, stress relief and helpful for insomnia.
Hara meditation is very simple to do, where you have five or sixty minutes available to sit back and bring your awareness to present moment awareness – you mind, body and spirit complex will experience many positive benefits.
- Sit in a comfortable position or you may lie down, if that is more comfortable.
- Hands are overlapped with thumbs crossed. Place the crossed hands on the lower abdomen – Hara point which is 2 inches below your navel.
- Close your eyes and place the tip of your tongue to roof of the mouth, just behind the front teeth.
- Relax, particularly your chest and breathe from your abdomen. Take about 4-6 deep breathes, take your time, enjoy.
- Now release any remaining muscle tension in your body and concentrate on your breathing. Let your breathing become very natural. It will find its own pace and you may notice that it slows and deepens.
- Continue to return your awareness to your Hara whenever it drifts away. Focus all of your attention there. Be in that place. Releasing your mental constrictions will allow the energy of the Hara to move up your spine and throughout your body.
You may feel energized, yet at the same time you may feel the peace of being in balance.
Experience whatever comes without judgement or expectation. Focus your attention without desire for any particular result. Allow the emptiness of non-doing to bring you peace.
You are back with the source… your true nature.